Sunday, July 06, 2008

Collectibles

Most people have something they like to collect. I do like unicorns and post cards. I have also told people that I collect grandmothers. And why not....more people to love.... I was at Eagle Island State Park for the 4th of July fireworks display. (Which was incredible, by the way....great job James!) I had gone back to the car to get the drinking cups I had left there. As I was returning I noticed a face that look really familiar. Have you ever walked up to someone, thinking you knew them to find out to didn't (there could be more stories on that topic, my dad has an identical twin...)? I have and didn't want to make such a mistake. So...I walked at an angle that I could see her, and she could see mee. I figured if she recognized mee I was good to go. She did. It was who I thought it was. I say down and had a good visit with Grandma Bessy. My dad worked on their farm has a teenager, and again for a while when I was a girl. I remember feeding the calves, chickens, and pigs. I also remembering enjoying our visits. On more than one occasion Grandma Bessy instructed us on baking bread. When I told everyone else we joined her and her friends for the viewing of the fireworks. Adopting family members just makes for more places to find family.

2 comments:

  1. Did James do that show? I was at Eagle Island also...too bad I didn't see you there. The show was amazing, and the music was great. I espcially loved how it began with the Frances Scott Key story. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was done by a crew my cousin James (married to my cousin Collene) works with. He choreographed the show.

    ReplyDelete