Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lucky Enough?

Last Friday and Saturday the Young Single Adults of the Mt. Home 6th Branch went to Pine, ID for a "camp-out". Our home base was a cabin owned by a family member of the branch presidency. In that kitchen was a plaque reading:
"If you are lucky enough
to be in the mountains,
you are lucky enough."
Being a fan of spending time in the mountains I decided I was lucky enough.
My car was the last load of people to make it to Pine. One in my group was suppose to get off at 4pm, but wasn't able to get done until 6pm. After setting up our tent we were going to join the rest of the group at a hot spring pool. They got back just as we were getting in our car to go. We were lucky enough to have a small group willing to go back with us.
I was also lucky enough to have a small group of people join mee on a starlit walk Friday night and get up for an early (5:30) walk Saturday morning. We were also lucky enough to find our way to the Fall Creek recreation area at Anderson Dam, with two boats for the purpose of four plus hours of recreation. (I am lucky enough to have been raised in Idaho!)
I am also lucky enough to have a car big enough to bring myself and four others back to Mt. Home with mee. And to have all four of them willing to chip in for the price of gas.
Whereas I don't hold to luck, but a kind, loving Heavenly Father I will move from saying I am lucky enough to I am blessed enough. I am confident He will continue to bless mee according to my faithfulness, needs, and desires.
May you find that you are blessed enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment