Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

As many of you know I spent three years teaching at my Alma Mater, Meridian High School. It was a great blessing to have a job with so many people who are patient and willing to help mee learn my job. Among those people were my students. I fell in love with the students. I worked with the students who are cognitively impaired. Or, with other mild-moderate disabilities. Often others talk about their sweet spirits. Their happiness. Or their innocence. I want to laugh. It is not that I fully disagree. It is just that these individuals are just that individuals. They are funny. They are stubborn. They are mad. They taught mee what really matters in life. The ceramic flip flops were painted and given mee by a girl I worked with the three years at MHS. She is spunky, stubborn, full on energy, and wants to be involved in everything. She might make someone a great personal assistant. When given the charge to take of something she did it. I don't remember exactly what I needed reminded of. I do remember being fairly certain I would forget. I asked her to call mee at 6pm and remind mee. Right at 6pm my phone rang. "Miss G don't forget..." The next morning she checked in with mee to make sure I remembered. I pray she will be happy and successful in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment