Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

New Year 063

If you look close enough you can see that there is a rather small horse shoe above my door. Here is the story as I remember it.

My Grandma Glasgow went on a church history tour a number of years ago. While they were in Navoo they visited a blacksmith shop. The blacksmith made the miniature horse shoe while explaining and demonstrating what was required of a blacksmith.

After it was made his method of determining who got the horsNew Year 062e shoe was to ask who's birthday was closest. As it turned out, it was my grandmothers birthday and she got the horse shoe.

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool. So what method was used to determine who got the horseshoe from Grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really neat story. I can't wait to go to the church history sites. Now, how is it that you ended up with the horseshoe and not another grandchild?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if anyone else remembered the story behind the horseshoe. If I recall right, no one else wanted the horseshoe. Maybe, because they didn't know the story.

    ReplyDelete