Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

My favorite color is black. My mom's favorite color is green. My little sister's favorite color is purple. My dad's favorite color is purple with pink polka dots.

As a child I believed we tried to convince him that purple with pink polka dots was not a color. This did not deter him. As a result of this continued insistence of purple with pink polka dots being his favorite color we all remembered.

As a junior in college I wanted to make a shelf in my dorm room. For this project a friend and I purchased two four foot shelving boards and paint. You guessed it, purple and pink.

We had a number of people who witnessed our project of using random dishes to as templates to draw what would be pink polka dots. Two purple with pink polka dot shelves* are also somewhat hard to miss in a dorm room.

Later, during this same school year, an other friend handed mee this:

bubbles 028

It is a handmade hemp and bead purple with pink polka dot gecko. He told mee he noticed I like pink a purple so decided those were the colors I got for my gecko.

Thanks Brandon!

*If I find any pictures of the shelves I get them up here.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Monday Memory Moments -- what a fun way to share your memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2004 at Enrichment (or FHE) we made Father's Day cards shaped like dress shirts with a tie. I made Dad's pink with purple polka-dots! (I remember the year, because Tyler came with me to take the card to Dad, and that was the first night that we held hands :)

    ReplyDelete