Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Post Office - VERY IMPORTANT

I got an e-mail today. The type I may not even read. It included, as they usually do, a "factual" reporting of an incident which I should find upsetting. If it is something I am curious about I will do an online search.

Here is the "original message" according to Trend Micro

Subject: Let's help the Post Office

Dear Friends,

You may have heard in the news that a couple of Post Offices in Texas have been forced to take down small posters that say "IN GOD WE TRUST". The law they are violating (?) is something silly about electioneering posters. (is God running for office?) Anyway, I heard it proposed on a radio station show, that we all write "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the back of all our mail. After all, that is our national motto, and it's on all the money we use to buy those stamps. I think it is a wonderful idea. We must take back our nation from all the people who think that anything that offends them should be removed.

If you like this idea, please pass it on, and DO IT.

God Bless America

According to the web site the incident did happen, but the e-mail is an urban legend??? An event happening does not equal urban legend in my book. Here is what they say:

This hoax tells a story about the two Post Offices in Texas that were forced to take down their posters stating "In God We Trust". It encourages its recipients to write the said statement at the back of every mail envelope that they send since it is considered as their national motto.

The said Texas incident really did happen. However, Postal Service officials point out that the reason for removing those posters has nothing to do with any religious matters. The problem is that it was created and distributed by a private citizen named Frank Williamson. Postal Service regulations generally prohibit the posting of printed materials by private citizens on its premises.

Recipients are advised not to forward this message.

As a reasonable individual who has worked for state agencies I can see were they are coming from, following policies. I did not like the statement " it is considered as their national motto."  Is there considering to do? I have no questions about it. I appreciated the side statement in the "original message", Is God running for office? Where do I cast my vote?

I like the idea. As a missionary I often put the motto I acquired on the back of my envelopes. Let us do all we can to show by small, simple, and soft acts whose side we are on.

In God We Trust!

Love is the fulfilling of the law.

El amor es el cumplimiento de la ley. Roms 13:10

Here is the end of the e-mail. I usually find them irritating. This one is true enough it made mee feel guilty.

If you agree, pass this on, if not, delete!!! BUT REMEMBER IF YOU DELETE THIS, thats 1 reason why this country is in the mess we're in now. WE SIT BACK & LET IT HAPPEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment