Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

Although I do not recall a "first memory", I am confident peanut butter has been a staple in my home throughout my life. It is also a staple in my desk. I didn't realize how often I ate peanut butter until I needed to have a blood test after apeanut butter high carb breakfast---No Peanut Butter.

The Doctor suggest toast, I eat it with peanut putter and jam or honey. Pancakes? again with peanut butter. Waffles, french toast, all are better with peanut butter. Even when I do eat a bowl of cereal I don't feel full until I get some protein.

~~~~some peanut butter memories~~~~

We were camping with cousins. I believe we where at the Bruneau Sand Dunes. When it comes to eating the rule of thumb was "He who hesitates starves". My cousin Charlie was usually one of the first in line. I am sure it was the same this day. I don't recall what we were to eat. However, when he realized there was no peanut butter... he didn't eat.

In high school I recall getting surprised looks at the homes of others when I asked for peanut butter on my pancakes. Sometimes I asked just to see their reaction.

As a child I use to eat bread and milk with the family. When my mom made homemade bread all of us looked forward to eating it. I remember my dad having peanut butter and jam with his bread and milk.

When my sister told mee her kids don't like peanut butter-butter-honey sandwiches I was shocked. I remember it most as being our first meal after church on Sundays. Dad is the best at making it. I still like to eat it. The perfect peanut butter- butter- honey ratio is difficult to find. However, the imperfect ratio is also yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Here's my peanut butter memory with you... John brought home 2 different kinds of fudge that you made. Chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge. I liked them both, but I remember thinking at the time that this was the very first time that I preferred the peanut butter option over the chocolate option. Yum!

    ReplyDelete