Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

I decided one day that I wanted to paint my room. I recall Dad not being excited. He also didn't say no. What he did was give mee a list. This was a list of things that would need to be done prior to painting.

We lived in an old house. My room, which was shared with various family members, had a carpet which covered only about 85% of the floor. In my process of preparing to paint the room I rolled it up and shoved it out the window. Not sure what dad's exact thoughts were. He did want to know what I was going to do to cover the floor. (The floor did not have the potential of being a "beautiful wood floor.")

I believe I made it through the whole list in one day. Having so diligently and promptly completing the list Dad agreed to buy mee paint. I remember it was a spearmint green color. The floor was painted brown. (Our Unit Coordinator might have wanted a clue about how ambitious I can be about such tasks.)

20090501 007 Painting interior spaces is something I enjoy doing. I think it might have even been the very day I got home from my mission I was informed my parents wanted mee to paint some of the walls in their new home. As a matter of fact I think I am the only one who has painted in their new home. This is a picture of my bedroom. I finished painting it a couple weeks ago.20090501 008

While I had a pretty good idea what colors I wanted to use I was sold on these two; the lighter color is lifetime the darker color dignity. What sold mee on them? A memory. The only thing I really remember from the exit interview with my mission president was his statement to live a dignified life. Now I have a daily reminder.

1 comment: