Saturday, December 20, 2008

Warm enough...

I was trying to decided it this would be better fitted for my quote wall. However, the comment is common enough if this area so I decided to leave it here. On Thursday I was in a meeting in Declo. The external temperature at the time we arrived was 16 degrees Fahrenheit. While we were wrapping up a comment was made that we did want snow during the 2 hour return home. One of the people who was in their hometown said he would like it to be warm enough to snow. To some that may be an odd comment. Having personally made the that or similar comments I was able to quickly concurred with the statement. I remember thinking that afternoon as I arrived home and was gathering things out of my car that it was warmer. (26 degrees is warmer that 16 degrees) There are not a lot of people who would call 26 degrees warm. When my father reported this morning that it was 16 degrees, with no new snow, my comment was that it was too cold for new snow. I decided I wanted to see if that was really a valid statement. Can it really bee to cold to snow? http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/222/ Hope you enjoy the information. I don't think it will keep mee from saying it is too cold to snow.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I had always thought it had to be around 5 degrees or so of freezing to snow. Last week we had snow when the temperatures were around 0. I was kind of bewildered, but figured you can't argue with Mother Nature. Now I know why it's possible! Isn't it funny, though, how temperatures in the 20s seems warm after single digits?

    ReplyDelete