Friday, December 12, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

In my brain I have stored the memory of telling a friend that when I grew up I wanted to be a foster parent. I remember her concern about the heart ache of letting children into my home and heart, and then letting them go again. At the time I shrugged it off. During the last decade, plus, I have had a large variety of people come through my life. Some of them I still have means to contact them. Thanks to Facebook, and blogs I have tabs on a lot of people I may not have kept in contact with.

While teaching in Meridian I worked with a small number of students, most of the day. A number of them I had in my classroom the whole time I was at Meridian. The largest cohort graduated just before I made the move to Mt. Home. It was hard to seem them leave. However, I felt that we had done pretty well helping them prepare for life after high school. And, most of them had some set of support system. It was time for all of us to move on.

This morning as I was heading to my first class I was contemplating the students in my class and trying to decide if there were any accommodations I needed to make to allow all of them participate in the activity. As I was running down the list it came back to mee that one of them had left on Wednesday...moving on to better things.

So, as I watch students come and go, friends get married, family members departing this mortal existence, and follow my own life's adventures I pray our paths will cross again. I hope to hear of success, peace, and happiness. I pray each will some how know they have a place in my heart, and are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment