Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

I believe the first time I was in Idaho Falls was during the summer of 1999. After working 72+ hours for six weeks I took time to play. I was visiting some friends in the area. One of the things I was looking forward to was seeing the "Idaho Falls".
I had seen many pictures of the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple. Most of the pictures I had seen placed the temple in the back ground of the water falls on the Snake River. It made for an almost ideal picture.
My feelings were heightened by my family line. My dad's parents were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. My mom's parents were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. My parents were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. I have also wanted to be married in the Idaho Falls Temple.
So one hot day in July I talked a friend into going to see the temple and the falls. As I stood there admiring the seen there was something that struck mee as odd or out of place. Does the water seem to be the in a flowing a very structured manner?
When I saw these straight lines and sharp angle I knew. I knew they were fake. The "Idaho Falls" were man made. I was disappointed...so...This is my new favorite angle of the Idaho Falls Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment