Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Invocation

I have gone to church all my life. I have also attended a fair number of district and international conferences for various organizations. I usually enjoy the welcome and keynote speaker. This week I was pleasantly surprised.
I sat in the Grand Teton Room for the "Welcome" portion of the Idaho Juvenile Justice Association Conference. They had a local scout troop with the Idaho Falls Fire Department Bagpipes and Drums present the colors. Not totally unexpected. Nice welcome. Then they called for someone to give an invocation.
Like I said, I have gone to church all my life. I knew an invocation to be an opening prayer. I have also seen schools replace it with a poem or the likes. Considering an "invocation" welcome of sorts. It was a prayer. I sat in a room full of State of Idaho employees and we prayed.
It gives mee hope. We need all the prayers we can get. Our children need all the prayers they can get. Our government officials, elected and appointed, need all the prayers they can get.
May God bless and keep America the home of the free. Free to worship Him as we so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment