Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

excerpt from 2/14/97 Journal entry
...It's raining--I've always liked the rain. I'm one of those people who get rained on, not wet....I have a quote that reads something like this: "Heavenly Father knows us & watches out for us, and it is usually through someone else that he meets our needs." After my art class I went to the computer lab in the Art and Architecture South Building. After leaving there I decided I wanted to walk around in the rain, so I took the long way to the Administration Building. I must have looked pathetic walking around in the rain on Valentine's Day. I noticed a man walking down from the ADMIN carrying some carnations. I thought it was really neat. Either someone had given them to him, or he was taking them to someone. He walked past mee. Then he turned around and gave me one & wished mee a Happy Valentine's Day. Now isn't that cool! There are still people trying to cheer up others around them. Today: It didn't make it in my journal. I was later told one of the fraternities had one or two of their freshmen pass out carnations on Valentine's Day.

1 comment: