Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Comment...

Read this blog post first... Prudent or Prudish

My comment.....

First I have to say I am glad, relieved, I am not the only one who feels this way.

I don't have any personal experience to back up a statement of anything less than retaining full sexual intimacy for marriage is self sabotage. I personally have a tendency to maintain emotional intimacy until I trust someone will be a part of my life. I am sure a good portion of my thoughts and ideas are based in similar socializing as yours. I have also seen heartache that comes along with non-committal sexual and social relationships, as well as unwanted sexual intercourse.

I see the current trend of recreational sexuality as portion of selfish, feel good, immediate gratification mentality. No thought for others. No thought for consequences. I want it now. I don't want to work for it. I don't want to think about any of the after effects. Individuals wondering through life leaving hell in their wake.

And yet society seems surprised with rape, murder over toys on Black Friday, car jacking's and drug use. Did it come from a generation who wanted to give their children more than they had rather than teaching their children how to build a better life. Our early forefathers gave their lives so their children might be free. Recently children have been given whatever they want, or their parents couldn't have, and are captive to their appetites.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - JJ's post at http://clinicallynomadic.blogspot.com/2009/02/prudent-or-prudish.html

    was intense and deep, and very intellectual, or in other words, he used a lot of very big words.

    It wasn't until my wedding day that all the talk of Chastity really "hit me" as being so very important. Not only would I have to describe myself as prudish, but very naive. I know some of my friends believed me when I described myself as "living in a cave." Marriage is the key, and it is so important.

    On another note, I just finished reading the book "Saints" by Orson Scott Card. I read it for the first time in high school and it was probably a very difficult read, because of my prudishness. However, I remember that through reading it I began to understand polygamy. I think that if we were able to live the law of polygamy there wouldn't be so much self destructive recreational sex. What I don't understand is why there is such a great divide between the "monogamous" and the "recreational".

    ReplyDelete