Saturday, February 14, 2009

30 SWF

I have recently been asked to be the activities chairman at church. And, as timing would have it the first activity I got to help with is...yep, Valentine's. (I have recently been known to refer to it as Single Awareness Day.) While discussing ideas for this activity it was suggested the couples share the stories of how they met. Wanting to make sure those who are single felt included someone looked at mee and said: "You can tell us what you are looking for."

I will admit I have tried some of the on-line dating services. I really struggle with the idea that you can really get to know someone through e-mail, IM chatting, or phone calls. Yet, I cannot tell you how long people have used personal adds or others to locate a spouse.

How do you quantify your better half? Is it about similarities? differences? emotions? values? life goals?

Physical Attraction:

I recently noticed a pattern of attraction throughout my life for boys to men who are tall (6 feet plus) with flaming red to strawberry blond hair. These individuals also tended to have a level of non-conformity to societal expectations.

After my mission I noticed an attraction towards balding men with goatees.

Although I fully agree physical attraction is REALLY fun, I would not base a lasting relationship on it. Physical attraction isn't going to do mee any good when I am sick, tired, or frustrated. I don't think I would be on any value while striving to teach our children the principles of the Gospel of Christ through word and deed. It will not assist in getting the chores done, or providing for the family.

So what am I looking for?

  • I want someone who wants to join the adventure of working with children categorized as having emotional, behavioral, and mental disorders.
  • I want someone who remembers how the temptations of mortal existence feel, and rejoices in the gift of repentance.
  • I want someone who I can trust loves mee for who I am while inspiring mee to be better each day.
  • I want someone who can rejoice in the miracle of everyday successes.
  • I want someone who is seeking to know God.

Good thing I believe in miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment