Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

Someone commented wondering how I located old e-mail about the "Hot Chocolate Incident". I knew where it was. I am not a scrapbooker. I have no intrest and am not talented in that area. I am however, a keeper of a journal. I also have a habit of taping, stapling, or sticking things into my journal. I recall hearing it said that once Wilford Woodruff heard Brother Joseph preach about keeping a journal he couldn't rest until he had written something each day. And what a blessing those journals are. I am not as diligent as my great-grandmother's great-grandfather. However, I am somewhat impressed with what I have been able to maintain.
This is my first journal. It was given to mee by my Grandma in 1985. It took mee a long time to fill it up. It is nice to see how my hand writing has improved.
This is the stack of journals I have kept throughout my life. This picture does not include the two three-inch binders that record my mission. One being my journal. The other the letters I wrote to my family.

I have not always been very diligent at writing. I was pleasantly surprised about 6 months after my mission to realize I had written each day for a couple of months. A pattern I find interesting is that when I am closer to the Spirit of the Lord I am better at remembering to write.

I also got an surprising comment once. We were doing a get to know you activity in a college class. We were suppose to find people who have done different things. One of them was some one who keeps a journal/diary. After I confirmed to an inquirer that I do she said I seemed like a very reflective person.

1 comment:

  1. My journals are among my most prized possessions. Unfortunately it's been a few years since I have written consistently. But...I keep one for each of the kids and have written something in them each month since they were born. They love hearing about stuff from their past. (Actually I am a few months behind, but between the blog and our dated digital pictures stored on the computer, it will be pretty easy to catch up.) What a treasure you have in those journals!

    ReplyDelete