Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Puppy Training, Day Five

Talk about being firm, fair, and consistent. I have only been at this for five days. I thought is was suppose to be easy to train a puppy. Or maybe, it is just  "...an old dog new tricks".

For the most part Toby is well behaved. Did I mention I named him Toby? No particular reason, other than it came to mee while I was praying Sunday morning.

I am not sure he likes his "bed". He spends a lot of time in there. At least 80 hours a week. 40 while I am work, and 40 while I am sleeping. I am letting him be outside while I am taking a shower or am going to be gone for less than 3 hours, and whenever else he wants to.

Today, while I was on my way home from work, I stopped at a dollar store to pick up a brush and stuffed animal for him. Apparently the step onto the sidewalk in front of the store is higher than I am use to. I kicked the side walk and fell one my face. (I don't remember my face hitting, but it might have.) I must have caught most of my weight with my right arm.

I got up with the plan to walk it off. Really,  I planned to come home and go on a longer walk with Toby. We didn't get very far before I realize the my effort of being firm and consistent in my training was hurting more than comfortable. So we came home, and he is out back enjoying the wind.

By the way, he seems to like the stuffed animal and the brush.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get a dog. Good luck on the rest of the training. You have just been tagged. Check out my blog to see how it works.

    ReplyDelete