Sunday, September 21, 2008

Notes from the Non Traditional: - Culture

Notes from the Non Traditional: - Culture I decided I wanted to share this article, brought to my attention by a co-worker, with the world. Let mee tell you a little bit about my beliefs. First: I hold to the doctrines of the LDS faith. Emphasizing the word DOCTRINES. There are many practices, social norms, and prejudices that accompany any subculture. "Mormon culture" is not exempt from this sociology phenomenon. The doctrines as found in Standard Works, and words of living Prophets are the word of God for His children and all our blessings are results of obedience to the laws that have been given. Second: My understanding of the world holds there was once a taboo associated with the discussion of sex, and sexual intimacy. When something is “taboo” it would be normal for someone to say “we don’t talk about it.” This could lead someone to believe it is bad to ever talk about, or the thing its self is bad. Third: I am grateful to a church leader who taught us that sexual intimacy is sacred. Sacred meaning “important”, “highly valued”, “restricted to a certain time or place”, “handled with great care”. Forth: I believe (personal believes I have developed through a variety of life experiences) the potential for a spiritual and physical gratification lies within the efforts made equally by two people who are striving to live according to will of God, who has ordained marriage between a man and a woman, are seeking to fulfill the needs and righteous desires of each other, giving all they are and have to the creation of an eternal bond becoming something sacred, beautiful, and beyond my words to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment