Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a season of change...

I was talking with a co-worker last week. I made a comment about how things change. He asked if I was changing. "No, but things around mee are changing."
"So, you have to change."

I recently concluded fall, or autumn, is given to us as a yearly reminder of change. Change is a part of life. Although to can be cold and miserable. It can also be magnificently beautiful.

Changes:
About a month ago we had three more people laid off from where I work for "economic reasons." We lost a counselor, a teacher and a paraprofessional, my para :-(.
Today was the last day for another co-worker, an administrator. Well actually he has about 2 1/2 weeks of vacation. Then, next week will be the last week for another co-worker, a counselor. Gratefully these two co-workers are moving to a new job. It will be a great opportunity for them in their careers. I think it will also benefit their personal lives. With the two addition people leaving us the counselor previously laid off was able to come back.
There are other changes being made at work. On a selfish note...these two leaving mee have been my greatest sources for feedback and comic relief. I am going to miss them.
Saturday, one of my roommates is moving out. This will leave the house emptier. There are pros and cons to that.
My brother-in-law graduates from Basic Training this week. This means my little sister will be moving to Alabama anywhere between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. (Not positive on the size of that window.)

Sometimes we decide when to start a new life chapter. Sometimes life decides. I am feeling very optimistic. Almost like a seedling breaking through the soil. Although I don't know what the fruit will be. And, there is still a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to the discovery. Hopefully I am able to recognize and harvest the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment