Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

I believe I was in high school. We had gone on a family camping trip. I remember stopping at the Oregon Trail Interpretative Center in Baker City, OR. On our way back we crossed the Snake River, back into Idaho, at Oxbow Dam. The drive was beautiful as we traveled highway 71.
We decided we would camp in Cambridge. It is a small town where highways 71 and 95 meet. We ended up setting up camp at a small city park across from the LDS Chapel. It is within this park that I first saw a weather rock.
I thought it was great. So much so I have taken various people to see it throughout the years.
One group was a car load of people stuck after a rodeo. We walked up the hill to see the rock while waiting for AAA to come rescue us. I remember standing in the dark. We were admiring the rock when one of the party said, "Who knew this was here to come look for it?"
Cambridge's Ol' Timers Weather Rock
If the rock is wet it's raining.
If the rock is white it's snowing.
If the rock is moving it's windy.
If the rock is hard to see it's foggy.
Ol' timers are never wrong!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention the Munchkin. These pictures were taken during our Moscow Road trip for Homecoming 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure somewhere their are pictures of us kids with the rock. If I remember correctly we parked the motor home in the church parking lot (beside the park) and got up and went to church the next morning.

    ReplyDelete