Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

I was not able to post last week because I was at a Vandal Family gathering sharing memories.
This is just a quick story about my grandma.
My dad and his brothers are both mechanics. I will often call Dad with a concern about one sound or another. One day while we were visiting his mom she brought up a concerning noise of her own. She reported that each time she pushed on the brake there was a "thud, thud" sound.
Dad asked her if there was anything in her trunk that might be rolling around which could be making the noise. She assured and reassured him that there was not.
So, Dad took the car out for a test drive. I don't believe he was gone very long. Sure enough every time he used the breaks there was a "thud, thud". However, the brakes seemed to be working fine. Dad set out to figure out what was going on.
It wasn't long before dad returned with a "problem solved" air in his stance and a cantaloupe in his hand.
*** this may be one of those, "You had to be there", but even now I find it hilarious. And, it was one of the best cateloupes I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment