Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

Dad opening present

This is one of my favorite pictures of my father. I don't remember what year it was. He had just gotten home from work. He anxiously opened his birthday present.

You may be able to tell more from the raise shoulders and open hand that he is very excited. It was just the watch he wanted!

The part I find most humorous ... he new what he was getting. He circled the watch in the sales ad. He gave us the ad. He gave us the money. All we did was go buy it, and wrapped it. In newspaper, of course.

Yet, he has the excitement of a 4-year-old getting a new toy truck.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the picture and remember that it was a watch. I'm glad that you remember even more details and can share them with us. I always loved that picture of DAD also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dad and it is great that he got just what he wanted (even if he didn't hint very subtly.

    ReplyDelete