Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

I recently realized that as of the 3rd of June I will have been home from my mission for 5 years. I was telling some one today that I spent the last 6 months of my mission telling people I had been out for about a year. This was to keep myself and others from thinking about my return home.

At our district meeting a week before I was to leave my District Leader, Elder Blanchard, had a gift for mee. Since I had one week left he made mee a chain to count down the days. Since there was one week, I got one "link" of a chain. He might be surprised to find out I still have it.

chain 

A couple of the Elders took the time to calculate the numbers of hours I had left. They were given permission to call mee each morning with an update. I am glad they did not.

During the last 5 years I have had the opportunity to see all but one of my companions, attend many a mission reunion, a develop more lasting friendships. It was about a year ago, while in Florida, that I was able to hook up with my last companion, Hermana Quiros.

laird 

This is a picture of myself, Sister Laird, and Hermana Quiros.

 

 

This picture was taken in Oct 2003. 06_01_3 Sister Pearson, Elder Homer and I were serving together in the Ft. Worth District.

And again after a trip to Jackson, WY.

Glasgow, Homer, Pearson

As I get further into my mission pictures there will be many stories to tell.

1 comment: