Monday, June 08, 2009

Happy Birthday Toby

Last summer a co-worker was trying to sale some puppies. You would be hard pressed to get mee to buy a dog. So many people are willing to give them away. I have considered getting one from a humane society. With that it took mee a long time to convince myself to actually get a dog.
I don't know how often, as a child, we tried to get Dad to allow our dog, Polly, in the house. It wasn't going to happen, "Animals belong in the barn." I don't think I ever really bought into his sentiments.Thus was the case when Melissa moved in with her dog and cat. She would also foster animals for a week or two. It wasn't until I was stilling cleaning up pet hair six months after she moved out that I was converted to "Animals belong in the barn."I had many people suggesting I get a dog. It would be company. I could be protection. I knew if I was going to get a dog I would want it in the house. It wouldn't be very good company outside during cold, snow filled months.
Many people at work knew Matt was trying to sale these puppies. Another co-worker asked mee what I knew. I did know much, but agreed to e-mail Matt and ask him the questions. Thus the conversation ensued. At one point the other co-worker decided she wasn't interested. However, I was beginning to be.
I wasn't sure what German Short-hairs looked like. I google images and thought they were nice looking dogs. I also remembered a friend had a picture of Matt's puppies on his blog. I opened it up to show my assistant what the puppies looked like. It is this picture that led to mee agreeing to take Toby.
The selling price? Two dozen Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, he's grown! The kids still talk about all those puppies and expect them to still be puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's already summer again! Where did the time go? He's such a good puppy! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he was ever that tiny - wow!. I would have to say you got a good dog for an exceptional price.

    ReplyDelete