Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unexpected guests...

Sunday night I received a phone call from my sister who lives in Florida. It was a rather short call about my exciting life of watching old episodes of NCIS and eating soda crackers. She needed to go help her husband with something and would call be back in 10-20 minutes. I returned to my show.

Sitting in my front room I notice a lot of lights going down the street. At the right angle I sometimes think my neighbors are going to back right into my house. When I saw a U-haul pass by I thought about what a long day they must of had and about the possibility of getting new neighbors.

I notice they were pulling a car. It registered that it was a Subaru the same color as my sisters. All of a sudden the random and short phone call made since. A chill of excitement went through Toby 028mee followed by the longest seconds ever as I struggled to find two shoes to put on my feet.

Bonnie and Tyler had returned home to prepare for their next adventure.

Apparently mom and dad didn't know they were coming either, although they had submissions. We spent Monday trying to figure out the best way to get Mom and Dad to Nancy's house. My efforts of getting them out for cake and ice cream were futile. It was then decided we would all go to them.

I got to Boise about 4pm. With the 6 kids loaded in the car I led the way to Star. I wanted to make sure Mom and Dad didn't decide to leave. We were trying to be sneaky. The older kids where a go. Two three year olds where just wanting to follow.

Emily and Rebecca headed through the gate to the back doors. Isaac lead Ally and Kevin to the front door where they were suppose to wait until Grandpa opened the door. Isaac was to be our master doorbell ditcher. However, the two wanted to follow. I tried persuading them to stay at the door and not follow Isaac. All while staying out of sight and holding an infant.

Gratefully they didn't move very fast, and apparently Dad had Family 003noticed some movement though his barely open blinds. Ally and Kevin weren't sure if they wanted to go to Grandpa or follow the other kids. Ally did go give him and hug and we got them in the front door about the same time Emily, Isaac, and Rebecca came in the back.

They way dad reported it I was the only one without enough information to know they were on their way. Dad's biggest problem was he could get anyone to confirm his suspicions.

So, by 6pm Monday night, with Grandma, Grandpa, four children, and 6 grandchild the whole of the living Gail Glasgow Clan was gathered. I suppose it will be a long while before I will come to understand the thoughts and feelings the may have gone through the souls of Family 010my parents as their posterity descended on their home with dinner, dessert, and requests for a family home evening.

Although the 13 months since the last such gather wasn't really that long, it was long enough. For now the Wright family will be in the valley with us. However, we know it is only and temporary stay. We shall enjoy it while we can.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post - it was truly and wonderful evening. Thanks so much for preparing the family home evening, I know I learned some new things about the 7 dispensations.

    Here's the link to my post about the party
    Glasgow's at home - http://becomingpeculiar.blogspot.com/2009/01/glasgows-at-home.html

    ReplyDelete