Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

Today I had a transition meeting at Meridian High School. As we were heading back the therapist driving asked mee if I miss it. For those of you who don't know, I was a student there. About 10 years later, I was a teacher there. The question was timely, I had been thinking about how it was no longer my home.

One of the random facts from my life that Amy find fascinating, and the boys seem to like, is that the current school nurse was my school nurse since I was five.

While in Elementary School, I remember her checking my hair for lice. In middle school, I remember my dad had come to pick mee up from school. She told mee if I called him "Dad" she would let me go with him. Dad told mee to refer to him as "uncle". I remember going in, while in high school, asking to call the chiropractor. She said I needed to call a parent first. I told her if I called my dad all he would say is; "I can't help you, call Dr. Nord." She seemed rather flabbergasted at how accurately I predicted his words.

I started as a substitute in the fall of 2004. I was delighted to see how willingly she greeted mee as a new member of the faculty. During my time there I found her to be a good friend when I needed someone to whine to, someone to brag to, or someone to counsel with.

Thanks for all your tender care, Nurse Soule!

No comments:

Post a Comment