Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday Memory Moment

For quite some time I have liked the idea of living life as simply as possible. As my mother might say, the teacher in mee collects things. "You never know when you could use it." Recently I have been trying to put this thought or ideal into practice. I love the idea of a digital picture frame, it is amazing to mee. Hundreds of pictures, one picture frame. LOVE it!

I have never been really big on collecting nick-nacks or dust collectors. Most of the ones I have where given to mee. As I have been going through things I have been trying to get rid of a lot of "stuff". (It is amazing how much I have.) I am finding there are some things I just can't throw out or give away. These are items that were my grandmothers, or great-grandmothers.

While pondering this dilemma a couple of thoughts came to mee:

1) I recall my sister expressing a desire that where such items had come from.

2) Friday Photo Flashback (something a friend adds to her blog weekly. It includes a picture and a story).

I selected on Monday because I wanted to have something family-ish to do Monday nights. I wanted to do Memory because I can use that title to share more than just items or pictures. The Moment is because it won't be long, it begins with an "m" and I wanted a third word. And, whereas I can schedule when posts are published you really have no idea when I actually typed them. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited - what a great idea, I'm looking forward to reading your memories.

    ReplyDelete