Monday, October 20, 2008

Moving Day, 2007

About a month prior to this day I scheduled and IEP to occur with a family at 2pm that Saturday. I had told the therapist (he needed to be there). I brought it up on our trip to Boise my last official night on "the van". He assured mee he was busy at 2pm time and was meeting with the family in the morning....

I got up Saturday morning. Went to Nampa for a breakfast celebrating Chelsea's wedding. (She didn't want a bridal shower). I then had to stop a couple of places and get on the road so I could make it to my meeting at the new time.

The day I signed the papers we weren't sure when it would fund or when I would be able to get the key. It was very last minute Friday afternoon I found out I could go get it. In fact I had about 10 minutes before we were suppose to head back to Boise. With the breakfast, the impending rain, the meeting, and not knowing about the key I had not arranged to have people come help mee move in. If fact I was a little surprised when my dad said, as was are standing in a parking lot in Nampa, we should just move everything that day. So, while I am going to Mountain Home for the meeting Mom, Dad, and Nancy went and got my couch from my old apartment, and some other stuff I had at my parents home.

I get to Mountain Home and guess what the first thing I heard was? I was right...the therapist was busy at 2pm. With the IEP meeting I had scheduled. When the kid asked what time his parents should come he simply looked at his calendar for an opening, not an already scheduled meeting...( I just had to get that in there again).

The meeting went smoothly and the timing was perfect. I was able to copy, file, and meet my family at my home just as they got there. We unloaded what came from Boise. Then with I believe the third trip the rain just started to dribble as we loaded the last few things at my storage unit. It kept really light until we were done getting it in the house.

After paying my crew of a father with bad hips, a blind mother, and pregnant sister with lunch they headed back to Boise and I did some necessity shopping.

1 comment:

  1. You know, if you hav mentioned to your perfectly capable brother that you were moving he could have helped. Of course I didn't find out that you had moved until I was invited to a house warming party a couple weeks later.

    ReplyDelete