Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Dinner

Although I moved into my home on Saturday I didn't spend the night there. I still had a bunch of stuff in Boise at my Cousin Connie's home where she let me stay for two months while I was homeless. (Have you ever tried explaining in church that you are Sister Glasgow, visiting Sister Glasgow, from nowhere?) I also didn't have any water. My realtor reminded me to make sure I had power, he didn't say anything about water. I didn't worry about water renting.

So, I spent one more "official" night at Connie's. Took a shower at her place and then returned to Mt. Home. I discovered while in Boise that people recognize the person who walked to church. Although that is not why I do it. When I do it usually means it is nice outside, and I have time enough to do so.

I don't remember anything overly exciting about church that first week. I do remember Jeff, one of the therapist at work, taught Sunday School and almost forgot to introduce mee because I wasn't new to him, and feeling at home in Relief Society.

After I got home from church I got a call from Jeff. He said his wife, Mary, thinking about it being my first office day in my home, thought I might not have food yet, and invited mee over for dinner. I really appreciated that, so much in fact that I went over yesterday and took a picture of the family just for this blog.

081020 home 014

1 comment: