Saturday, June 21, 2008

On my side...

It was one of those weeks you wanted over by noon on Monday. My left eye was not happy with a contact in it. So I drove to work and took out my contacts. I could see my computer fine, and spend most of the day in my office. I was disconcerting trying to to talk to people in the cafeteria that I couldn't see. It was also interesting teaching a class, especially a communications class. not being able to see the faces of all the boys. I am not sure what I did on that particular day, but I have been sore all week. I tried working out a couple of times. I think that did more harm than good. Some of my dear colleagues took delight in watching me try to pick things up. I also got strange looks when I reacted to a sudden sharp pain. Right now I have a heating pad on my right side, so I am on my left, typing this with one hand. My brand "new to mee" car spent Tuesday and Wednesday in the shop. They replaced spark plugs and wires. It runs a lot better now. I am grateful to co-workers who were willing to drive me around. Yes, the same co-workers who took delight in my pain... The theory I have decided to go with at work is that I have such a magnetic personality it is jumbling my computer causing it to do completely random things, including printing documents that are suppose to be black, green and randomly choosing which documents or programs I can work on. Around 2pm one of the therapist told mee that it was Friday, I shouldn't be grumpy, I should just go home and take a nap. I am going to point out again it was a THERAPIST that said it, so it was wise of me to heed his advice, and I came home. About 5pm a friend I have known since high school and went to college with, but haven't seen since 2001 called mee. She then came out to Mt. Home and took me to dinner. It was fun to catch up with her, and a nice way to end my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment