Monday, May 19, 2008

I do all my own stunts...

It was a free day. Semesters over, let's play. We had completed airplane making/throwing contest and let the boys loose to play basketball. I had been on one side of the court yard talking to a therapist. I was on my way back to the classroom when I noticed a basketball that had gotten away from the boys on the court. As I squatted down to get the ball my left foot slipped out from under mee, throwing mee off balance.
I thought about catching myself when I remembered hearing to is easier on the body to follow through with the fall. So, down I went. Sitting in the mud I gather the attention of most of the people in the court yard. Not wanting to sit in the mud I did a crab crawl the foot and a half to the sidewalk. As I sat there I was trying to estimate how much it was going to hurt and if I had a the time to go home and change.
It made the rest of the day interesting as I sat on a bag of ice....

1 comment:

  1. I mean, really, it isn't the smartest thing to do your own stunts. Last time I checked you weren't Jackie Chan. Are you trying to break your tail bone like Mom did?

    ReplyDelete