Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Memory Moment

I received an e-mail of "Texas Facts" from my cousin. It has some pretty interesting information. Read the following and then I'll share a quick mission story.


 Cowboy's Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie , Texas :

(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.



I did a google search for Cross Trails Church. This is the article I liked the best.


Mission Story:
I was in my last area, Holtom City. We had been working with a young father for about a month. His daughter was friends with a girl in the ward, and the families were growing closer. We were getting reading to share Moroni's promise when the seven-year-old came in. Dad asked if she wanted to read...


Moroni 10:3

 3 Behold, I would exhort ya'll that when ya'll shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ya'll should read them, that ya'll would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ya'll shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts...

Dad corrected her before she got too far...but classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment