Friday, November 07, 2008

Home at last...

Although it is often nice to get away there is nothing like coming home. A friend recently commented on how much he enjoyed the spirit in my home, and being here. During the year I have lived here I have done a number of things to make it mine.

The first thing I did was replace the back windows of the house. That was an investment I am sure will pay off, especially this winter. The next thing I did was a paint a couple of walls.

I painted this wall as much for utility and entertainment as looks. This is a magnetic chalkboard wall. It isn't much wider than it shows. I wanted a central place to keep notes of all kinds, and something to be entertaining for guests. My nieces and nephews like drawing on it as well as my friends. A friend commented that if she had a wall like that she would never erase it. That has proven to be true for some of the things on the wall.

081107 house 002

My front room actually felt too big and lopsided, so I painted another wall to balance it out.  For the most part the wall was actually painted by my visiting teacher Charmaine. The brown wall helps to create the "dining" room. From the look of the table it is a good thing it is usually only mee who eats there.081107 house 001

Note the new window. While Charmaine was painting the wall I put finishing coats on my new window trims. Charmaine also helped me hang the binds and floaters on the walls at the other end of the room.

081107 house 008

I have been wanting to do more to personalize my room. My mind hasn't been able to settle on what it wants it to look like.  I have been contemplating getting a full or queens size bed. Haven't decided on either yet.

I did purchase a Sette at the AtHome America party I had back in May. My purpose for it is to be at the foot of my new bed when ever I do get around to purchasing it.

081107 house 009 

Having more rooms that I really need I wanted to get one set up as a guest room. That is where my sette is currently

081020 home 008

I was given this painting for my birthday. It was completed by a friend prior to her leaving for college. It is hard to tell from the picture that the walls are a light pink.  And yes, I picked the color to go with the picture.

081020 home 006

I struggled getting a really good picture of the room. The shelves were actually given to me by a friend last year as a house warming gift.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute house! I love the magnetic chalkboard wall. I may have to use that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your house is transforming into a home for you! Looks fun! So when's the "homewarming party".

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make it magnetic? I told Tyler a long time ago that if we ever have a house big enough for a play room I would want one wall to be a mirror, one wall that could be colored on (with something) and one wall that was magnetic. And I guess the other wall would be for the toys??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would love to have one of those magnetic chalkboard walls too. The boys would love it, and it wouldn't take up as much space as toys that get pushed aside after a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may just have to steal your chalkboard wall idea for Andrew's room. I still have tons of things I want to do, but being big as a barn right now just isn't making it possible. Hopefully after the baby comes, I'll be able to get some of the painting, etc. done that we've been putting off!

    ReplyDelete