Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Memory Moment

This weekend I got into a discussion about colleges. One of my friends commented on how she doesn't want her daughter to go to the University of Idaho because it is ranked as the # 3 party school in the nation. My first reaction was to laugh. So many alumni are proud of that fact.
I don't remember what I said. What I should have mentioned was that the University of Idaho is also home to the first Institute of Religion, in the world!!!
...it is a fun unique fact to share...I graduated from the first Institute of religion.

My sister included this scrapbook page with a bunch of pictures she recently sent mee.

from the picture: This is the original podium in the Moscow Institute Building. This podium was presented to the church for the Institute's 75th anniversary in May 2001. Elder Eyring asked that it remain in Moscow until the 100th Anniversary of the Institute Program.
Created in 1926 as the first institute for The Church of Jesus Christ of LAtter-Day Saints.
Dan Schoenburg restored the podium to what could be determined as it's original state.


Along with Elder's Erying's CES address we had an Institute Reunion including half hour ceremony for the 75th Anniversary. I have the ceremony and address on VHS. I was in the choir :-). His address Education for Real Life can be found by following the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment