Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Mess Making

I did a pretty good job making messes tonight. I had heard about Bountiful Baskets a few months ago. I hadn’t gotten myself to the point of participating until last week. To help give you a better idea of how much food there is, this is a cardboard apple box.
IMAG0015
At that point, I was ambitious. Rather than starting with the basic basket I went for the basket, and the Mexican add-on. I have so many peppers, I don’t know what all of them are. At first look I thought…salsa.IMAG0016
I have never made salsa before. Neither had I worked with tomatillos. That too was interesting. I thought it tasted alright tonight. We’'ll see how it goes over at work tomorrow.
IMAG0022

The other mess I started a while ago. It was actually an effort to clean something.
IMG_3025
After my grandfather died I wanted a ratchet set. When Dad asked why I said: “If nothing else, for when you are there and need to use them.”
As you can tell they need some help. I remember my dad telling mee Cola would clean rust.
IMG_3024
I actually soaked them twice. I bought this bottle a year (or two) ago. I didn’t know if it did what it was suppose to. After the first soaking, it still looked like a lot of work. It still took more elbow grease than I would have preferred.
Have you ever thought “This is going to make a big mess”, and then did it anyway.

After taking out and scrubbing all the tools, I decided to soak the case as well… IMAG0021
I dumbed the cola from the bucket to the case, which was too big for the sink.
Here is the out come…
IMAG0023
I could have done a better job on the case…but it was getting late. I am not sure what else to do with these bits.
IMAG0023
IMAG0023

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a difference those tools looks a lot better! Welcome back to the blogger world by the way! I don't normally post comments, but I do occasionally look at blogs. I enjoy keeping up with you, even if it's just through the impersonal blog world. :-)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete